Bible Journaling Psalm 19 the words of my mouth

Psalm 19:14
"Let the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight,
O Lord, my Rock
and my Redeemer."

Psalm 19 and 22
Our words really are powerful and for the better part of this week, mine have not been kind, uplifting, or acceptable to anyone, let alone God.

But I keep trying. That's all we can do, right? Cling to God for strength and help and get up the next day and try to be more Christ-like. 


And then there on the next page is Psalm 22 complete with David crying out "my God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Someone else cried that out in the New Testament. But fortunately, David doesn't stop there. He asks God to be close to him.


And the fantastic news is that every time we feel like God has forsaken us, He is right here with us. "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27.

He will help. It may not come when we want or how we want, but He is here and He will help if we ask. 

I was fortunate to have some quiet time yesterday and today to catch my breath after a long, difficult week and I gathered a few basic supplies and created these pages while meditating on His Word. 

I'm grateful for stumbling upon Bible Journaling as it has helped me read and retain portions of God's Word that I might have otherwise glossed over. I hope this encourages you to give it a try.



Supplies (see top photo for brands):
Bible
Pencil
Pen
a handful of watercolor pencils
a waterbrush




Have a blessed day,
:) Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment