My Documented Life Project 2015 - week 4

I'm getting caught up on blogging about what I've created in my DLP journal so far this year! Here is my take on week 3 - art challenge: writing! 

I love writing. In fact, I got a bachelor's degree in creative writing but it was a difficult journey (with a difficult instructor) and over the years I have retreated to only writing for myself. Prayerfully that will change soon. Anyhow, here's what I created and how I created it...

DLP2015 week 4 writing

I had just received my little pack of Ranger's Distress Markers and was playing around with them. I knew from following Stephanie Ackerman on Instagram that they could be activated with water and used like watercolor pencils. So I journaled in the background words that made me happy. I then took my small Pentel Aquash waterbrush and roughly went over the lettering to smear out the ink. 

my new Distress Markers and waterbrushes

I seem to be in a flower phase of my art making journey, so I decided to collage some flowers on top of my journaling. I cut out some basic shapes from some scrapbook papers I have hoarded for years and adhered them to the page with Liquitex Matte Medium. It's more expensive than Mod Podge, but I didn't want the top coat to have a shine (and my matte Mod Podge still leave a bit of a sheen). 

collage flowers

To give them a bit of dimension, I made little highlights with the Distress Markers and smudged them out with the waterbrush again. 

yea flowers!

Again, keeping it simple for 2015 and I love the complex look you can get from simply doing paper collage. Below are the items I used if you are interested.

Thanks again for looking! I should have my week 5 (underpaper - one of my favorites!) blogged later this week AND next week I hope to add lots of wonderful photos and details and patterns of my first truelove hobby: crochet!!! 

Be blessed until then,
:) Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment