My Documented Life Project 2015 - week 2

Woo-hoo! I'm on a roll.
Here is my week 2 for the Documented Life Project ... (Click that for all of the awesome details and to join! It's free!) 

Week 2's challenge was to use gesso and since I am really trying to focus and keep things simple, I wanted to use gesso with my watercolor pencils. 

DLP2015 week 2
First, I painted little stems and leaves with gesso to try to use it as a resist for my watercolor pencils. That didn't work out so well, but it did provide some texture in the background. See below for a detailed view... 

DLP2015 week 2 gesso background
Then I tried using the gesso to "activate" my watercolor pencils and success! I love the muted pastel hue it gave to my little doodled flowers. See below for a detailed view...

DLP2015 week 2 gesso
The gesso also gave some texture to the flowers. I then went over them with my Letraset Aquamarkers. Here's to keeping it simple in 2015 and onward to week 3!

Thanks for looking!
:) Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment